Google
 
Web Cool Guy's Knit Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Getting Into The Holiday Spirit

Well it's that time of year again. Thanksgiving is next Thursday, and then Christmas is coming soon. I am officially in holiday mode now..... ok well I've got lots of things I WANT to do.... but that doesn't mean I'll be able to do it all lol. I have a lot of work to do to decorate my tree this year. I have maybe 10 or 15 ornaments in all to go on a six foot tall tree. I have never really had a pretty christmas tree in my own home, so I'm gonna be busy over the next few weeks trying to make some ornaments. I will either knit them, or crochet them.... and I thought about stringing some bead garland as well. I've already made a few knitted bow ornaments and they look awesome. Check out the picture below.



I'm planning on making two dozen of these red and green knitted bow ornaments of which I have fifteen of them made so far. Then I'm going to make two dozen more in white. After that I have no clue what other ornaments I'm going to make. We'll just have to see when that time comes.



This is my ugly christmas tree. Yes, that's right. The christmas tree is up a week before Thanksgiving. Early I know, but I couldn't wait lol. I love christmas trees. I have a lot of work to do if I'm going to make this tree look good. I'm not sure if you can tell, but there are both color lights, and white lights on my tree lol. The reason for that is because half of my old white lights are blown out so I had to make due by adding my string of color flasher lights. It's only temporary though. I bought new white lights today and I'm planning on taking the tree apart on Monday and completely restringing the new white lights on it. I do not like the white lights mixed with the color lights. It doesn't look bad... but it doesn't look good either.



Anyway, guess what!! I got my hair cut today. I didn't get cut that much... just cut some off the back to even it up all around my fat head. I've never had my hair cut in this style before so I think it's gonna take me some getting used to, but I don't think it looks too bad. And I think it will help to make it all look better once it grows out again.



I've got another new cap to show off. I finished this one last night. This one is a ribbed style, blue with a white stripe. I wasn't sure it was going to come out very well. It's another one of my own patterns. I like it, and I'll be making a lot more of these. It will be fun to experiment with colors and stripes with this pattern.

Well my work weekend begins tomorrow so I won't get to do very much crafting or work done on my website. You know what? I hate working lol. It takes away too much of my knitting and play time, but I gotta pay my bills right. Ugh! *rolls eyes*

6 Comments:

Blogger Wannabeleader said...

I can't wait for christmas!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Crafty Andy said...

Big tree and a big bow, well you have to get in the spirit somehow. My turn will be next week. Your website is coming out very good David.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Shoe Girl said...

The yarn label on Caron Simply Soft Seasons has patterns for 6 different knitted christmas ornaments on it. The bow ornaments are looking great.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

are the bows just tied I cord?? cute!

1:27 PM  
Blogger David said...

Yeah cheryl they are.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your hat!!! guide me to make one please????

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home