Google
 
Web Cool Guy's Knit Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Break From The Cold

This week has been very nice weatherwise for this time of year in Alabama. It was so nice outside yesterday that I decided to get out and enjoy it as you can see in this photo. That's me working on another scarf I started this week. I'm knitting it in Lion Brand Homespun yarn. The color is "Harvest". I'm planning on doing one in every color of this yarn that I can get my hands on. I'm also still working on skull caps. Now that the holidays are over it's time to get back to business I guess. I still haven't completed working on the cool guys knit website so I don't know if it's going to be running by February like I had planned... but it will be there sooner or later.

I got a new toy yesterday. It's a Motorola V360 cellphone. It's a really cool phone that plays MP3's, has built in camera and records video clips. I haven't had a chance to really play with it enough to write a review for it but I will soon. I'm going to start a brand new moblog with it as soon as I can get out to take some pictures.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We actually hit almost 70 here in Kentucky Monday.
I love that color of Homespun.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weather has been soggy here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I really hate this time of year just days and days of rain. Guess it could be worse. I could live in Seattle.

I love homespun yarn too..it's so soft. I've made a few ponchos with it. I love wearing them..they feel and look great..and I actually made one with a combo of the harvest and well the name of it slips my mind but it's a black with a bit of grey or white in it.

12:07 PM  
Blogger sara said...

It has been nice here (Montgomery). But back to the cold on Friday! Homespun is great stuff.

6:58 PM  
Blogger David said...

Sarah you just made me depressed with that news about the cold weather lol.

7:06 PM  
Blogger David said...

Oh come on there can't be that many colors of homespun yarn :)

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least 40 to 50 diff. colors :) Good thing scarves don't take so long to make.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIY just looked at the homespun colors and there's about 70. Have fun! *L*

11:26 AM  
Blogger David said...

Holy crap!!! Lol ok... so maybe I'll just work with the really cool multicolored ones lol.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from Birmingham, so its nice to come across your blog.

I now live in Florida and the weather is really nice here now, too.

I like the picture of you in deep thought as you're knitting at the table.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely love Homespun! It knits and crochets up beautifully. My favorite is Prarie... it's a really earthy mix of olive green with burgundy and blue mixed through it with a little turquoise. It sounds like the colors wouldn't mesh well together, now that I see them together in print, but i love it. :)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home