Google
 
Web Cool Guy's Knit Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Is A Guy Who Knit's Really That Strange? (strong language ahead hehe)



Don't know if I've mention it or not, but throughout this week I've been spending a lot of time on blogexplosion and blogmad... which if you don't already know are two great blog exchange services where you can get your blog noticed by people who might not ever find it... oh by the way to all you folks who have commented on this blog from either of those blog exchanges I say thanks for your support.

I know it may seem strange to many people of different walks of life out there to see a guy who is as much into crafting as I am and I didn't really realize just how "wierd" it may seem to some folks until I joined a chat room on blogmad a couple of days ago. My screen name on that site is "coolguysknit" and when I entered the chat room using that screen name I was greeted mostly as normally as anyone else would have been... but there was this one person... I'm not sure if it was a guy or girl... was asking me about the website I said I was putting together for our storefront. When I told him/her tha my room mate and I knit and do other crafts I wasn't even able to get to the part about telling about how we're opening our own business online selling the things we make before this person spouted out "Your gonna make a website about THAT!" It was like this person never heard of guys doing this sort of thing. Or maybe this person thought this was a gay thing or whatever. WHATEVER BIOTCH!

Anyway I'm not gonna rant and rave about it because that would just fucking be boring as hell right! Right!! What I do wanna say is that it's not a gay thing, not a straight thing. It's just two guys who happen to be room mates and enjoys crafting... maybe me being the biggest craftaholic... but whatever. We don't knit sweaters... that's too grandma'ish... we don't knit socks... let your mother do that for you! We do make some freaking awesome fashion accessories for all you girls out there who always say "Damn! I think a guy who knits is hot!" Well quit freaking saying it and buy something dammit lol. We're working for you. And for all you guys out there we make some fucking cool ass caps... and wait until you see the jewelry we got coming along...

Hey didn't I say I wasn't gonna rant and rave... oooops, my bad!

You know something you guys, I tried to get my roomie to join as an author on our blog but apparently he has declined the invitation... I don't know why... I mean he is supposed to be in this thing with me. Some partner huh lol.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well my uncle was a fantastic knitter and crocheter and he was not gay - well yes he was "gay" - he was very "gay" as in "happy" when he was knitting - and the women of our family were jealous that he was better at knitting than them :-)

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crafting and creativity shouldn't be associated to gender. Anyone who does is just plain ignorant. F*CK 'EM!

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
Raida

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess if you really aren't a creative person and into crafting you'd think a guy knitting was strange. You might even think a woman that's a craftaholic was just a bit strange. But who the hell cares what the uncreative and unimaginative think huh? There are plenty of people in the crafting world on your side. :o) Tell Trey we want him to get his hiney on the blog and at least introduce himself! *L*

11:12 AM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Hate to say it but whoever said this to you is just highly uninformed. There aren't a lot of men who soap either (my primary passion) but I sure don't find it strange that a guy would love cooking up the same messes I do.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Omni said...

Being able to create something is always good, no matter who's doing it!! :-)

Omni

5:34 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

As iam gay and crafter myself!!!
I guess everybidy too much word about!!! I hate that because they think about only there way..I mean men must have to learn men thing to do...We know but they have to understand out interist....As Craft teacher(see my blog!!)Most my student love it!!!!

I love to do jewely making,and sewing as other craft guys...this nomal thing for me and you..People what they think this is we are!!!!

Just ignore what their say!!!

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I guy who does crafts?!? how disgusting! (g) lol

5:50 AM  
Blogger Erin M said...

I'm jealous that you can knit I love crafting and creating art but damn if i'm not stupid when it comes to knitting crochet or sewing

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jaye said...

"Is A Guy Who Knit's Really That Strange?"

No, not at all. That person has serious gender-related issues, poor thing. It's a pity, really.

1:24 PM  
Blogger diosaperdida said...

I think men are historically the first knitters anyway..I do know for certain in some cultures, ONLY men knit. In others it is common to see both genders knitting.

And you should try sweaters...alot of possibilities, and creative release in making them!
Plus women would probably love buying what a man makes thinking he makes what he would like to see on a woman.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home