Google
 
Web Cool Guy's Knit Blog

Monday, February 20, 2006

New Outback Camouflage Cap Finished

You know it always seems to rain on the days that I finish a new project so I had to take a picture of this new cap I finished today indoors. So you can't really see the cool colors in this one as well as you could if I could have taken the picture on a sunny day outside. So if you wanna see a better picture you'll have to wait until the weather clears. Also I won't be putting this one up for sale here on my blog until I get a better photo taken.

I have no clue what yarn I'm going to knit up for my next cap. These last two camouflage caps were the only new yarns I've purchased recently. You know what that means right. It's time to go yarn shopping again. This time I think I'm gonna do my yarn shopping on the internet because as some of you will recall about a month ago I did not have a very good experience the last time I left home to go yarn shopping. I've been checking out some websites online that I'm fairly interested in trying out. One of them has a flat $5.99 shipping rate on every order and I think I'm gonna do my shopping with them today because normally it would take roughly 20 bucks worth of gas to make a round trip to hobby lobby in my jeep and I figure if I shop online then I can save 14 dollars of that gas money to buy a few extra balls of yarn.

In the meantime until I can get my hands on some new yarn I guess I'll dig through my little yarn stash and see if any inspiration comes out of it. I don't have too many colors to work with right now so we'll just have to wait and see what I can come up with for my next show and tell.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a shame you live so far away, otherwise i could send you some hand spun wool straight from the sheeps back, as I have a grilfriend who sheers and spins her own fleece :)

i still like that other Mash Camo cap better :)

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea to shop online. I do it all the time.

I like the cap. I remember you posting another picture before and thought nothing had changed. I had to go back and visit the previous post on that hat. Still looking good.

Knit on!

9:47 PM  
Blogger David said...

Abe where do you live? How much would the shipping be? I'd love to see this yarn. I've never actually touched handspun wool... online seen some online.

7:50 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hey Latoya, thanks for the compliment. I decided to wait a little while before I make a yarn purchase. I'm gonna try to make a few hats from my current yarn stash. It'll give me more time to really decide which yarns I want to buy.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well we are in Australia how much would it cost with shipping and insurance etc, to send say 200grams ? how much wool would you need to do yourself a beanie?

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David just checked and it would cost
Air mail $8.00 in Aussie money to send a parcel up to 250 grams to United States from Australia. I have some Corridale & English leicester fleece unsure how many grams I think theres at least 250grms, thats handspun and in balls it cost me about $25.00 to buy. Maybe we can do a trade my balls for a beanie from you? let me know ;)

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home