Google
 
Web Cool Guy's Knit Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pattern Of The Day At Annies Attic

Just a heads up for those who haven't yet discovered. Annies Attic has a free pattern posted every day. So far all I've seen are crochet patterns but they are all great. I recently discovered this and have been having a ball each morning going to see what pattern is being offered.

Also here is a tip. Annies Attic only posts these patterns for one day and there is no archive of patterns that I've seen. Now you could save the page to the free patterns in your favorites, but if you see a pattern posted that you want to save for later use you'll be out of luck because the link in your favorites only takes you to the free pattern page which changes daily, but if you use a web page archiving tool like Furl then you can save a copy of each pattern that you like. Furl is also great for archiving other pages you find useful. In fact, lots of times when I find things online such as patterns, news articles, etc., I use Furl to save a backup copy of the web page instead of simply saving it in my favorites.

Check out Annies Attic and Furl. They are both great sites.

I'm back to working on my website again. I may be purchasing a domain very soon depending on how fast I can get the site ready for grand opening. I don't know what's going to happen to this blog once I switch over to the new domain. I may keep writing here, or I may start a totally new blog over at the new site, or I may not write anymore at all because once the new site is running I plan to focus the majority of my time knitting new items for sale and doing site maintenance. For now I'll keep things rolling here. I'm going to start trying to make an effort to post something here every day until the new site is up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David..thanks for the Furl tip. When I see a pattern I like I usually just copy and paste to wordpad and save it that way but this Furl sounds like something I could really use.

11:41 AM  
Blogger David said...

I never thought about using word pad or possibly my word processor. Anyway Furl is really great because it lets you save the whole page in your account and you have a link to the page you saved as well as an archived (saved) copy incase the page you saved ever goes offline or is removed. And if you ever want to get a copy of the pages you saved, Furl will send you a zipped copy of your archive, although I haven't tried that option yet so I can't tell you how that part works. I really love Furl.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Puffy Eyes said...

Hi David, I've saved the yesterday's pattern, but unfortunately, in the wrong format, some of the words at the right side of the page is gone. I was thinking... Would it be possile to send me a copy of yesterday's pattern if you have?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Puffy Eyes said...

sorry, my email is little_g76@yahoo.com.sg

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home