Google
 
Web Cool Guy's Knit Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Small Investment To Organize Craft Room



I went shopping yesterday as you can tell. I figured with all of the work I've been doing to get my craft room organized I may as well take it one step forward and set it up really nice and neat so that all of my supplies can be easily accessed when needed. For roughly $145.00 I bought a six foot long folding table, 4 mini drawer organizers, and two interlocking shelf units. Each shelf unit has 5 shelfs and when they get put together they will span the length of the back wall in my craft room which is going to add a lot of storage area in a very narrow space. The table will be placed along the other wall and the drawer units will be lined up on top of the table. The drawer units are going to be great for holding tons of small items and I'll be able to store my yarn bins underneath the table, instead of having them stacked and cluttered somewhere.

Today is going to be a busy day for me as I empty everything out of my craft room to move all this stuff in. My goal for today is to simply get the table, shelf units and the drawer organizers in place. I won't really have time to go through all of my craft supplies to place in the drawers, but at least I'll have the room set up like I want it and then I can go from there. I'll be posting lot's of pictures today as I go along.

Hopefully it will help inspire some of you other crafters to make the investment to get your junk organized as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Go for it David. Getting organized is so great that you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. At least that is how I feel after I get an area or room organized. Can't wait to see how great it looks when you are done. If only I had an extra room I could devote to projects like crocheting, knitting and jewery making. I'd lock the door and probably not come out for several hours a day. *L*

12:28 PM  
Blogger David said...

Speaking of knitting/crocheting Leah, I've discovered now that once I get it all really organized well I'm going to probably have some empty containers left over... and you know what that means.... I'll have more room to store more yarn. Don't tell my partner I said that though... he'll kill me if he finds out I'm planning to buy more yarn lol.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home