Google
 
Web Cool Guy's Knit Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Operation Craft Room Organization - Part 1

Operation Craft Room Organization is now fully underway... finally. It has taken me a year to get to this point.



I will be time stamping the photos during this project to help me keep track of how long it's actually taking me to do this. As you can see here I have totally cleared everything out of my craft room. Moving everything out only took about 20 minutes or so. Now I'm ready to start putting the room together. First I'm going to start by unpacking and putting the shelf units together since I think those are going to take the longest... even though the boxes they came in quotes that the units can be put together in 2 minutes.... yeah right... Yeah right I'm sure... fumblefingers here can't scratch his ass and chew gum at the same time, but we'll see.



Here are the shelf units I bought. I found these at walmart and paid less than $50.00 for both units. They are made by Plano which is most widely known for their fisherman tackle boxes. These units interlock and the dimensions are 31 X 14.5 X 74 and feature snap-fit assembly which makes them quick and easy to set up.



Ok I'll have to cut this post way short today as I just won't have time to show all the pictures I've taken, however you can see here that I've basically gotten the room set up how I want it. The table, shelfs and drawer organizers are all in place. Now all that's left to do is actually begin organizing things into an appropriate place. There's not a whole lot of space left in the room after adding all these components but I didn't expect that there would be, but at least this way I'll be able to maximize the space that is there. Remember this room is only roughly 8 X 8 feet so I think I've done the best with it that I could have considering all the things I have to keep in there.

I'll be back sometime in the near future with a Part 2 of Operation Craft Room Organization so you can see how it's coming together. Right now I've got to cram all the stuff I removed from the room back in there somehow so that I can relax a bit and figure out what we are going to do for dinner tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home